Extraordinary Give Intern
Internships at the Community Foundation are designed to offer a project-focused opportunity that exposes students to a range of planning and tactical experiences. The Extraordinary Give is a signature 24-hour online giving marathon for Lancaster County. The event involves more than 200 local organizations, extensive media exposure, vibrant social media and a live Giving Lounge. The inaugural event raised nearly $1.7 million to support local organizations. The Extraordinary Give is a leading model for a national trend that connects technology and philanthropy.
Timeline: Autumn 2013 (September – December). 10-20 hours/week.
Compensation: Stipend. Parking Pass. Option for College Credit.
Direct Report: Communications Specialist.
Principal Responsibilities: Marketing & Process Support for the Extraordinary Give
- Social Media & Web – assist the Communications Specialist in pre-promotion and 24-hour intensive coverage of the Extraordinary Give via all online Foundation tools.
- Traditional Advertising – assist with coordination and scheduling of advertisements via traditional media outlets including: newspaper, billboard, print publications, radio and TV.
- Business Recruitment – generate local business contacts and educate business owners about the opportunity to enhance their business through support of the Extraordinary Give.
- Partner Evaluation and Support – provide participating community benefit organizations (CBOs) with the promotional tools and toolkits they need to successfully leverage the Extraordinary Give. Assist in due diligence process.
- Grassroots Promotion – assist in distribution of posters, promo cards, table tents and other items generated to promote the Extraordinary Give.
- Event Support – help plan and stage live events in coordination with the Extraordinary Give.
- General support – in an exciting and evolving event like the Extraordinary Give, new ideas are constantly on the table. We dive in and do what’s needed to get the job done.
- Pursuing study in areas including: Communications, Marketing, Social Service, Business Development, Urban Studies, etc.
- Competency with: Social Media, WordPress, Photoshop or InDesign. Video editing preferred.
CONTACT: Diana Martin, Communications Specialist, at DMartin@LancFound.org. Resume and interview required.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: POSITION CLOSED. Watch for future opportunities!Back to All News