Eligibility Requirements & Resources
Eligibility for funding is determined based on due diligence and assessment of the following:
- Provide your organizational Non-Discrimination Policy meeting all federal requirements as it applies to your type of organization (FAQs)
- Align with the Community Foundation’s Anti-Hate policy
- Serve Lancaster County* residents without discrimination
- Current 501(c)(3)** designation from the IRS
- Registered with the Pennsylvania Bureau of Charitable Organizations unless otherwise exempt per the Institutions of Purely Public Charity Act
- Complete IRS Form 990 Annually
- Annual Audit or a financial review by an independent CPA within the last 12 months
- In good standing with all existing awards and contracts with the Lancaster County Community Foundation
*The John J. Snyder Fund also serves Cumberland County, building must be owned by the CBO
**The Clean Water Fund also grants to municipalities
Please note the Community Foundation will not typically fund:
- Creation of a new organization
- Capital campaigns/capital costs (equipment, building costs, maintenance)
- Political campaigns
- Expenses incurred before the grant is awarded
- Cemetery associations
- Religious causes that further a specific belief/agenda
LCCF Non-Discrimination & Anti-Hate Policies
Read the Community Foundation’s board-approved policies.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Learn about the various types of employment discrimination prohibited by the laws enforced by EEOC. They also provide links to the relevant laws, regulations and policy guidance, fact sheets, Q&As, best practices, and other information.
Audit/Financial Review Sample
See a sample and explore the details of an acceptable review.
Find answers to questions about your organization’s non-discrimination policy.