Grant Reviewers Training
Thank you for helping us make an impact in our community by being a grant reviewer! The following training videos are designed to help you prepare for the Community Foundations’ grant review process. Each year we will update resources as grant programs, strategies, and processes change.
CYCLE 1 REVIEW PERIOD: May 31 – June 22 ; Finalize evaluations by June 22
CYCLE 2 REVIEW PERIOD: August 3 – August 24 ; Finalize evaluations by August 24
COMPLETE THE TRAINING IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER:
- An introductory video to get to know us better, learn about our current priorities, and why the grant review process is important to the strategy we take to grantmaking.
- Implicit bias training, to learn more about how to approach grant reviewing and what to consider when evaluating applications. If you attended the live virtual session, you can skip this step.
- A video on how to use the grant evaluation portal. You will be using an online portal to complete evaluations and should have received an email with your login information.
- Once applications are assigned, you will see the program/fund each application you are reviewing is applying for. Watch the appropriate video/s on the grant programs and evaluation criteria used to score applications. (Ex. If you are reviewing applications for the John J. Snyder Fund, watch the “Reviewing John J. Snyder Grants” video)
If you have any questions, email Alma Felix at [email protected].
INTRODUCTION TO GRANT REVIEWING
Hear from Executive Vice President, Tracy Cutler, about the Community Foundations strategy and why the grant review process is important in our approach to grantmaking.
- Who we are
- Community Foundation priorities, strategy, and new policies
- Why use a community grant review process approach?
- Capacity building for grant reviewers
HOW TO EVALUATE GRANT APPLICATIONS
IMPLICIT BIAS TRAINING
USING THE GRANT REVIEW PORTAL
CULTIVATING BELOVED COMMUNITY
JOHN J SNYDER FUND
COMMUNITY BRIDGE BUILDING PROGRAM