We’re looking for an extraordinary Program Officer for our team!
The Program Officer is part of a team that works closely with community benefit (nonprofit) organizations. This person will have strong technology skills, the ability to administer grants, manage volunteers, lead programs, and work as a member of the team to implement all program and community impact activities.
JOB TITLE: Program Officer 2
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director of Programs
STATUS: Full-time, exempt
Be part of a dynamic team that emboldens an extraordinary community! The Lancaster County Community Foundation seeks an energetic, enthusiastic individual who has passion for working hard to make Lancaster County an even better place to live. The ideal candidate will possess strong relationship-building skills, the ability to connect people with ideas, the ability to contribute fresh ideas in a team environment, while also working well independently, paying meticulous attention to detail, and using databases and technology with great efficiency. Effective communication and time management skills are essential. Positive approach, can-do/no-excuses attitude, self-initiator required.
- Lead and oversee the Scholarship Program including the announcement, application process, liaison with Scholarship America, award letters, and data entry.
- Lead and oversee various grant processes including creation of application materials, volunteer recruitment and review process, award letters and contracts, pre- and post-grant communications, prepare grant recommendations for Board approval, reporting requirements, and cohort management.
- Serve as primary Foundation contact for interest in Field of Interest grants.
- Recruit and manage Extraordinary Give volunteers.
- Provide support for specific funds as needed.
- Assist with programmatic work and back office set-up for the Extraordinary Give, and other tasks as assigned.
- Work with the Communications team to manage web content- ensuring website is up-to-date and informative.
- Represent the Community Foundation at functions and events.
- Support other program staff in the oversight of Foundation initiatives.
- Support the Programs Team in the development, organization, and presentation of new and evolving Community Impact events.
- Respond to routine telephone inquires regarding the Foundation and its programs.
- Evaluate program engagements within assigned areas for adherence to internal/external reporting, outcome, and financial requirements.
- Maintain grantee payment and reporting schedules for assigned areas and conduct appropriate outreach and follow-up.
- Publicize program-related awards and events.
- Assist in preparing and distributing materials for committee and cohort meetings.
- Record meeting minutes when necessary.
- A small team environment requires that everyone help to achieve organizational goals by fulfilling other duties and responsibilities as needed.
This position requires the ability to devote periods of time on intensely focused office work as well as the ability to transition to outward facing events that frequently require interactive participation. Local travel will necessitate access to a reliable vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- High comfort level with databases, Microsoft Office products, Adobe products, data entry, and content management.
- 3-5 years of experience working in community benefit sector preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with co-workers and stakeholders.
- Ability to create positive, long-term working relationships with community organizations by demonstrating commitment to the Foundation’s mission and goals.
- Creativity and flexibility in developing approaches and problem solving.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Knowledge and understanding of the community benefit sector or interest in learning.
- Skills in organization, administration, and project management.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision by taking initiative, ensuring successful project management and timely completion; ability to maintain quality work standards with a high volume of work.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through April 1, 2017.