Board Chair, Cargas Systems
Chip Cargas is the Founder & Board Chair of Cargas Systems, an employee-owned software company with 118 employees. They provide software for accounting, operations, sales and marketing. Chip founded the company in 1988 with the purpose of creating a caring environment where people would love to work. He served as CEO from the founding until December 2017. Chip continues to nurture the company’s purpose of “Shared Success for employees, customers, owners, partners, and community”. By fostering an inclusive approach to business, Chip helped build a dynamic team that focuses on collaboration, open communication, and delivering an exceptional customer experience. With the engagement of Cargas employee-owners, Cargas Systems has earned the following awards for its values and growth:
- Innovations in Employee Ownership Award – National Center for Employee Ownership 2018
- Ethics in Business Award – Samaritan Center 2016
- Central PA Business of the Year Award – 51-100 employee category 2016
- Best Places to Work in PA – 13 years
- Top 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Central PA – 7 years
- Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in the U.S. – 2017 & 2018
Chip’s own awards and recognitions include:
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Central Penn Business Journal 2015
- Honorary Doctorate of Public Service – Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology 2013
- Small Business Person of the Year –
- Lancaster Chamber of Commerce 2006
Chip’s current community activities include: Board of Trustees at Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology, Chair of the Private Sector Action Team at the Lancaster Coalition to Combat Poverty, and Forever Lancaster Steering Committee at the Lancaster County Community Foundation.
Chip graduated from Cornell University with a BS in Industrial Engineering.
Chip rides his bicycle 5,000 miles per year for commuting, fitness, and fun!